Sendi village is administratively located at Pacet Sub-district, Mojokerto Regency – East Java Province consisted of 51 households. Sendi village is situated at the conserved rain-forest area and therefore no grid extension is allowed to enter the area.
The Environmental Education Center of Seloliman (PPLH Seloliman), which has long record in operating and maintaining MHP, took an initiative to propose a small MHP plant utilizing the locally available hydro potential for electricity provision at Sendi village. With financial support from local government and GEF (Global Environment Facilty) a 10 kW MHP was finally built and operated in 2009. The operation and maintenance costs are borne by the community through monthly contribution fee. The operation is managed by community through “Forum Perjuangan Rakyat” or FPR.
GMN provides services covering:
- Detailed survey and prepare the detailed engineering design of the Sendi MHP;
- Selection of MHP equipment, including: turbine, induction motor, and controller;
- Construction of civil infrastructures, i.e. weir, forebay, spill-way, penstock, foundation and power-house;
- Construction of the low-voltage distribution line to: Biiting and Balekambang Hamlets, and parallel line to the MHP Kalimaron;
- Perform test run and commissioning of the plant.